Giese-Ward Fund has a long history of providing support to students and
families who need help to continue attending school because of limited family
resources. The fund was originally
started with a bequest of $2,500 by Hulda Grace Ward that was designated for
emergency use by secondary pupils. In
1970, Mrs. Ruth Blackman-Giese began a similar fund for elementary pupils. In 1974, the funds merged, becoming the Ruth
We are proud to
say that in 2016, this fund is still active, providing “last resort” and a “one
time only” form of help for our students and families in the following
ways: urgent medical or dental needs,
school supplies, required school items or uniforms, emergency help for burned
out families, help with partial utility and rent payments, and more.
Giese-Ward Fund is coordinated by the Superintendent of Schools, currently Dr.
Amy Kruppe, and other Fund committee members, who regularly meet and go over
submitted application forms for consideration.
The application can be found on
our website or may be picked up at the Administration Building, 1620 E Elza,